Documentation Needed For

Energy Assistance

Having the correct paperwork when you apply will make your application easier. If you have a different income, need a list of other accepted ID's or still have questions after reading the list, please contact your local IMPACT office.

  • Proof of Social Security Numbers for all household members.  Bring Social Security cards for everyone living in your home. Adults can use a valid Iowa Drivers License instead of a Social Security Card. If a member of your household does not have a Social Security Card or Iowa Drivers license, please contact your local resource center for other options.
  • Most Recent Heating Bill.

  • Most Recent Electric Bill.

  • Proof of Income for All Household Members.  You will need to provide income from the past 30 days prior to the application date, or for the past year.  The chart below describes the documents you should have available for the types of income that apply to your household. If you do not see your income type listed, please contact your local office for more information on what to bring or submit.

Energy Assistance Income Documents